These picture were taken in 1989 by Bruce Sharp. They depict the Granada Theater in Chicago (IL) a few days before it was torn down.
The Granada Theater was designed by Edward Eichenbaum of Levy & Klein for both films and stage shows. Built in 1926 on North Sheridan Road, its architectural elements were taken from actual palaces, churches, and villas throughout Italy and Spain and reproduced in plaster, terra cotta or marble. As part of its Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) project, the National Park Service had already documented this theatre considered as one of the very few of its type remaining in the United States.
The theater was used until the 1980s, when it was also used for concerts. From 1988 to 1989, left unattended, the Granada deteriorated very quickly. It was demolished in 1989.
Photo credits: http://www.mekong.net